Thursday 23 April 2009

$Gambling$


I`ve never really gambled maybe a few pounds in the machines but that’s about it. I don’t think it’s a really bad thing if you know how to do it sensibly. But the fact is that sometimes we can get addicted to it. I knew when I gambled at the machines at one point I was winning and did not want to stop. But I knew I should not carry on therefore I stopped. But some people get addicted to gambling and that is when the trouble starts.
To some people it is just pure entertainment, but it has negative and also very harmful effects such as financial problems and in some cases emotional problems. The individual can start lying to family and friends; they may also have a loss of control, as they can’t stop gambling.
People should be allowed to gamble, but they should do it responsibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment